Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Sea Salt Spray DIY!
Today I would like to share with you this cool sea salt spray diy for beautiful beach hair waves. If you are craving the hot summer days at the beach and you would like to recreate that hair beach look, then this is the diy for you.
What you will need are the following:
1. 1tbs of Sea Salt, 2. 1 Cup of Water, 3. 1tbs of Coconut Oil. 4. A dab of Aloe Vera gel or any hair gel that you have on hand. 5. Empty Spray Bottle.
Add the all the ingredients to an empty spray bottle and shake very well. Spray on damp or dry hair and scrunch hair to create the waves. Enjoy making this diy! Have A Sweet Beachy Day :)
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Today I would like to share with you this hair mask that can be made from three natural ingredients.
Avocado, Coconut oil, and Olive oil. Avocado is full of nutrients, vitamins, essential oils and proteins. Coconut oil prevents the damage of hair by decreasing the protein loss and it penetrates the hair shaft, leaving it soft and increasing its elasticity. Olive oil will coat the shaft of the hair to keep it healthy and protected.
Hair split ends happen due to many factors such as chemical treatments or products with alcohol, the use of hot styling tools, climate/environment, lack of maintenance, over washing, chlorine water, uv rays, and many more. Once you get a split end, it's hard to repair it. So the only way to get rid of it is to trim the hair 1/4 of an inch or so every 8 weeks. Now to prevent your hair from getting split ends, you need to avoid the causes I mentioned above and the hair needs to be conditioned regularly to stay healthy, shiny, and soft. This mask will definitely do that.
Mash up one ripe avocado then add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and olive oil. Mix the mixture well together. Apply to hair away from the roots. Leave it in for about 30 minutes or so. Then shampoo and condition as usual. You will notice the results after using it the first time. Your hair will look much healthier and shinier. I hope you enjoyed this beauty post. Let me know what you think! Have A Sweet Day!
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Natural Facial Mask!
Today I would like to share with you this facial mask. It's very easy to prepare and it consists of only two ingredients: Strawberries and Honey. Strawberries are great for the skin because they are full of antioxidants and vitamin C. They also have the alpha-hydroxy acid & Salicilic Acid substances. Antioxidants fight free radicals which causes aging, fine lines, and wrinkles. Vitamin C leaves the skin with a clear complexion, and prevents fine lines. Alpha-hydroxy acid removes dead skin cells leaving the skin youthful and glowing. Salicilic acid helps in clearing acne.
4 strawberries, 1tbs of honey, and a clean towel.
1. In a bowl, mash the four strawberries with a fork until it becomes a past.
2. Add the 1tbs of honey until completely mixed
3. Apply to the face and rub in circular motion then wait 15 minutes.
4. Wet the towel with warm water and wipe the mask off of your face. The reason for the warm towel is to open your pores.
5. Once the face is completely clean, wet the other side of the towel with cold water and wipe your face to close the pores.
Do this mask weekly and you will see a difference in your skin. I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you used a strawberry mask before? Let me know what you think! Have A Sweet Day!
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Today I would like to share with you a few natural resources that can shrink pores. Before I do that, let's talk about what causes pores to appear large. There are many causes, hormonal imbalance, pores clogged by (dirt, oil, and bacteria), genetics, stress, wrong application of cosmetics, menopause, and the lack of skin maintenance.
You can shrink the appearance of swollen pores but you can't decrease the actual size of pores unless you use laser treatments. Dirt, oil, and bacteria can clog the pores and make it look larger than what it actually is. There are many natural resources to use to shrink the look of swollen pores. Here are a few:
1. Honey: Mix 2-3 tbs of honey and lemon juice. Message on face and let stand for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
2. Ice cubes: Ice cubes will tighten the pores and keep the production of oil glands normal. Wrap a few ice cubes in a cotton cloth, then rub your face. Do this every morning.
3. Tomato juice: Apply tomato juice to the face and let set for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. Do this 3 times a week.
4. Cucumber juice: Cucumber is known for skin benefits. Mix some cucumber juice with a little bit of salt and apply on face for a few minutes.
5. Oatmeal: oatmeal is great for exfoliating the skin which will remove the dirt and oil out of pores. Mix 2 tbs of oatmeal with 3 tbs of honey. Message your face with it in a circular motion. Then rinse with warm water.
6. Yogurt: Mix 2tbs of yogurt with 1 tbs of flour. Keep it refrigerated. Apply this mask evenly on your face. Leave for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse with water.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Let me know what you think! Have A Sweet Day!
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Coconut Water Facial Treatment
Today I would like to share with you this beauty diy. It's actually used by Adriana Lima. It's very easy. All you need is pure coconut water and cotton pad. Dip the cotton pad in coconut water and rub it all over your face. Coconut water has many benefits. It's full of electrolytes, it acts as an antiviral, it's great for losing weight but it also has great benefits for the skin. It tones, hydrates, and moisturizes the skin leaving it clear and glowing. Have you ever tried it? Let me know what you think! Have A Sweet Day
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Christmas Gift DIY
Today I would like to share with you this Beauty DIY which would make great Christmas gifts. You can make bunch of them and give them to friends and family. It would cost you less to make it yourself than to buy bunch of them. This recipe is from a book by Stephanie Tourles.
So what you will need are the following ingredients:
1. 8 tablespoons of Coconut oil
2. 3 tablespoons of Beeswax
3. 30 drops of peppermint essential oils
4. 1.5 drops of honey.
5. For color you can add a half natural lipstick, food coloring, or lip tar.
Melt the coconut oil, beeswax, and honey by placing it in a heatproof bowl. Then, rest that bowl on top of a pan with water. Heat until melted. After it's melted, remove the mixture and add the peppermint oil & color (lipstick or food coloring). Stir until the mixture changes its consistency. It will become thicker. Place in little containers, and personalize it by adding whatever packaging you like. Enjoy making this and giving it to friends and family. Have A Sweet Day!
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Lavender Salt DIY!
Today I want to share with you a lavender bath salt and scrub DIY. It's very easy and simple to make. All you need are these ingredients: Epsom Salt, Lavender Buds, Lavender Essential oil, and Lavender Soap dye. So to make this salt, add the lavender buds to the epsom salt, then add a few drops of the lavender essential oil to the mixture. Then color the salt with the lavender soap dye to give it a beautiful look. Then, put this mixture in an air tight jar for a few days to lock in the scent and essential oil into the salt. You can make some for yourself and it can also make a wonderful gift. Epsom salt is a great exfoliate and great for relaxing muscles. So it's perfect for a relaxing bath, or you can use it as a body and facial scrub. Use about 6 tablespoons for a bath, or one tablespoon when using as a scrub. I hope you enjoy making this beauty diy. Have A Sweet Day!
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Peppermint Sugar Body Scrub!
Since the holidays are around the corner, I thought of making a post about cool home made gifts for friends and family. Peppermint Sugar Scrub! Sugar scrubs are great for exfoliating and leaving the skin clean and soft. Dead skin accumulate on the surface of our skin and it's important to exfoliate to remove them which will unclog pores, clean the skin from oil build up, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and gives the skin a nice tone. So for this Beauty DIY you will need the following:
2 cups of sugar, 1/3 cup of coconut oil or almond oil, 5 drops of peppermint essential oil, and a nice cute jar. To make it, all you need to do is heat the coconut oil until melted or just use almond oil, and add it to the sugar, then add the drops of peppermint essential oil. To make it look pretty, you can dye half of what you made with a pink food coloring, and then layer it one pink layer with one white layer in the jar! That's it for this post! Let me know what you think! Have A Sweet Day!
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
How To Make Your Own Chemical
Free Lavender Perfume!
Lavender is one of my favorite scents. Having an organic and chemical/toxin free perfume is just amazing! I researched and found this recipe that I think I will make soon and I wanted to share it with you. Lavender is know for it's soothing and relaxing qualities. It used in aromatherapy and as a sleep aid. You can take a lavender bath or even rub a little bit of this perfume on your hand before bed to help you get to sleep fast and get your beauty sleep!
The ingredients to make one ounce of this perfume are the following:
1. 6 drops of lavender oil.
2. 1 tablespoon of grated beeswax
3. 1tablespoon of almond oil.
you can get all these ingredients from any health/drug store.
1. Heat gently the almond oil and the beeswax untill melted.
2. Add the lavender oil and stir.
3. Pour the perfume into a small bottle with a tight fitted lid.
That's it! I hope you enjoyed this Beauty post! Let me know what you think. Have A Sweet Day!
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Sunday, October 13, 2013
I hope you enjoyed this Beauty DIY! Have A Sweet Day!
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Hot oil hair treatments are really great to nourishing and replenishing hair from everyday damage. The damage can be caused by different factors such as environment, using heat appliances, chemicals, and harmful hair products.
I've tried this treatment and I really love the results. It's very simple and easy to make. All you need is coconut oil which is great for making the hair look shiny, soft, and thick.
Direction: Bring water into a boil in a pan/pot, then add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a bowl. Place the bowl in the boiling water until it's warm not completely hot. Take the bowl out of the water. Then apply the oil using your hand into each strand of your hair. Message your scalp as well with the oil. Once you are done, cover your hair with a shower cap, and let it sit for 30 minute to an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo and style as usual.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
How to naturally grow longer thicker lashes?
Having longer fuller eyelashes is a great thing to attain. Eye lashes makes the eyes pop, and you can get away with wearing minimal make up and still look Amazing. You can lengthen and strengthen your lashes with this homemade natural DIY. What you will need is the following: 1. Empty bottle 2. Clean mascara brush 3. Castor oil 4. Aloe Vera Gel 5.Vitamin E oil.
You can find these ingredients in a pharmacy or any health food store.
Mix 1/4 of the bottle with Castor oil, 1/4 of the bottle with Aloe Vera Gel, and fill the rest (half of the bottle) with vitamin E oil. Mix will using the mascara brush. Apply this serum every night before bed using the mascara brush. You will see results after one month. You will have longer, fuller, and stronger lashes. Castor oil will thickens and strengthen your lashes. Vitamin E will accelerate the length of it, and Aloe Vera gel will lengthen the eyelashes. I hope you enjoyed this beauty post! Have A Sweet Day!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
How to Lighten Age/Brown Spots?
Lemon contains Alpha Hydroxy acid which is known for its property of lighting and brightening the skin. Lemon juice is acidic enough to peel off the outer layer of the skin. Once it's removed, the age/brown spots are lightened or completely removed. Today's beauty post is very easy to make and you can find it in your kitchen. Just mix one part of lemon juice with one part of water, add to a spray bottle, and spray all over face. Avoid eyes area. Leave for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with water, dry with a soft cloth, and apply moisturizer as usual. This can be a lengthy process before seeing results, but with consistency, your skin will be brighter and free of age/brown spots. I hope you enjoyed this post! Have A Sweet Day!
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Avocado Facial Mask!
Here is a new facial mask to try. It's a moisturizing mask for those cold dry days to make the skin glowing, smooth, soft, cleansed and hydrated. You will find these ingredients in your kitchen.
1/2 ripe avocado, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of Greek yogurt. Mash the avocado in a bowl, then add in the honey, and the yogurt. Mix well, and apply on face. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse.
Avocado has an amazing moisturizing elements. It also contains biotin which gives the skin a nice glow and helps prevent dry skin. Avocado also helps synthesize the fat cells in the skin and contains vitamin E which helps prevent wrinkles by blocking free radicals damage. Honey contains alpha hydroxy acid which also decrease the appearance of fine lines and improves skin pigmentation. Yogurt is full of protein, vitamins and minerals which is so beneficial to the skin. I hope you enjoy this post! Have A Sweet Day!
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Coffee Facial Scrub
Here is a new facial scrub that I've tried. I really like the results. It only consists of two ingredients which you will find in your kitchen: 2 table spoons of Coffee grinds and 2 table spoons of olive oil. Mix well, then apply on face and scrub in circular motion. Once you are done, just rinse with water.
The coffee grinds exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead skin which gives it a nice even glow. Coffee also has caffeine and antioxidants which tightens the skin (gives it a lift), removes excess oils, and cleans pores. Coffee reduces puffiness and redness as well.The olive oil moisturizes the skin and makes it soft and smooth. It's also full of antioxidants that fights free radicals which causes aging and skin cancer.Try this Scrub and tell me how you like it!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Have A Sweet Day!
Friday, August 9, 2013
How to Avoid And Get Rid Of Dark Circles?
The skin under the eyes is very thin and when it's triggered by certain habits or sickness, it can cause the blood vessels to show through it which gives the look of dark circles. Dark circles make you look tired or sick. There are many reasons that can cause the dark circles. Such as lack of sleep, poor nutrition, kidney problems, allergies, weakness, lack of hydration and sometimes it's hereditary. To enhance the look and health of your skin under your eyes, there need to be a change of habits, in addition to some natural treatments.
1. Sleep at least 8 hours a day to give your skin the chance to repair and rejuvenate.
2. Drink Plenty of water to prevent dehydration
3. Include cardiovascular exercises in your exercise routine to increase blood flow
4. No smoking and no alcohol because they cause lack of hydration
5. Eat Healthy diet full of green leafy vegetables.
Natural treatments to be applied:
1. Mix a little bit of lemon juice with some fresh mint leaves and apply directly
under the eyes every night before bed. Leave it in for 15 minutes then rinse your face.
You will see a difference in 2-3 weeks. lemons are known for its skin brightening qualities.
2. Apply cucumber slices to the skin under the eyes and leave for 20 minutes. Do this twice
daily. Cucumber is full of antioxidant and it will brighten and reduce puffiness.
3. Apply Almond oil directly to the skin under your eyes. Do this twice daily.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Have A Sweet Day!
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Masks are great for maintaining a healthy radiant skin. I love using the natural home made ones. I've tried this mask and it's actually amazing for cleansing your skin. You will see results right after you wash it off. Your skin will look glowing, clean, hydrated, and beautiful. It's very easy to prepare and you can find the ingredients in your kitchen. It's only two ingredients. Yogurt and Honey! Use 2 tbs of each. Then apply on your face. Leave for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse with water. You can do this twice weekly. What it actually does is cleanse, heals, moisturize, exfoliate, fades acne marks, and refine pores. Enjoy making your own beauty mask, and have a sweet day!
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Baking Soda For Beauty?
Baking Soda is an amazing thing! It has over one hundred uses that varies from cooking to cleaning. It also act as an insect repeller, deodorizer, anti-fungal, antacid, and so much more. But did you ever know that it has a lot of benefits in term of beauty? I didn't know that for a while. I'm always up to trying home made remedies or treatments to replace chemical beauty products.
Three Baking Soda Beauty Uses:
1. A Teeth Whitener:
Baking soda is great for whitening your teeth. It gives an amazing results for whiter and brighter teeth. I have two recipes 1) Add some baking soda into the balm of your hand , then dab a disposabel toothbrush into the baking soda. Brush your teeth with it and rinse. 2) in a small bowl smash couple of strawberries, then add a 1/4 spoon of baking soda into the bowl. Mix well, then add that paste into the tooth brush, brush your teeth and leave for 5 minutes, then rinse.
2. As a Facial Scrub:
Baking soda is a great cleanser. It removes dead skin cells and exfoliate your skin. Using it as a scrub will help increase blood flow, reduces wrinkles, and it will give you a baby soft radiant skin. I have 2 recipes 1) Add 3 table spoons of baking soda, 1 table spoon of water, and 1 table spoon of ground oatmeal. Mix well to create the past. Apply to your face, then rinse. Use twice weekly. Follow with moisturizer. 2) Add 2 table spoons of baking soda, and 1 table spoon of warm water. Mix well and apply to face, then rinse. This recipe will also help in treating acne. Use twice weekly and follow with moisturizer.
3. For Luscious Thicker longer Hair:
Baking Soda promotes thicker, longer, stronger and gorgeous hair. What it actually does is prevent hair loss. Which directs the body nutrients to growing thicker longer hair instead of just directing the nutrients to rebuilding hair follicles. It also cleans your hair from the build up of hair products. To use it for longer hair add 2 teaspoons of baking soda into 1/4 cup of your conditioner. Use it as usual after you shampoo your hair, then rinse. You can use it 3 times a week. To use it to clear the build up and residues from hair products, add a little bit of baking soda to your shampoo, shampoo as usual, then rinse.
Friday, July 12, 2013
Natural Resources for Healthy Youthful Skin
Age, nutrition, environment, daily habits, and lifestyle all contribute to the health of our skin. Naturally, the older we get, the more Collagen, Elastin and Hyaluronic Acid will will be lost from our skin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that is along with Elastin and Keratin form the connective tissue of the skin. The result of losing Collagen is the thinning of our skin; hence the wrinkles develop. Hyaluronic acid supports and lubricates the skin. Some people rely on fillers to keep a youthful looking skin. However, if you prefer natural resources to look young and beautiful, then eating these food will promote health, beauty, and youthfulness without depending on fillers/botox/ and plastic surgeries with side effects.
The following are natural resources to increase the production of collagen and Hyaluronic acid in our skin:
1. Omega 3 fatty acids: found in cold water fish such as Salmon, Cod and Tuna. Vegan choices can be 2 tbs of Flax seeds. Eating 4 ounces of fish twice a week will ensure getting the required omega 3 fatty acids in your system.
2. Vitamin C: found in many fruits and vegetables. Surprisingly the amount of Vitamin C found in red hot chilli peppers is superior to citrus fruits. It's also found in sweet peppers, Guavas, dark leafy greens, lychees, lemons, oranges and grapefruit.
3. Lycopene: found in tomatoes. Lycopene is an antioxidant that fights collagenases which are enzymes that destroy collagen. Cooked tomatoes (tomato sauce) actually contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes.
4. Vitamin A: found in leafy greens, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Vitamin A restores and regenerates damaged collagen in the skin.
5. Antioxidants: found in berries such as raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, and blue berry. Also found in green and white tea. Antioxidants fight off free radicals and help in restoring collagen.
6. Genistein: found in soybeans and its derivatives such as soy milk, and tofu. It helps in the production of collagen and blocks enzymes that cause aging.
7. Sulfur: found in Garlic. Sulfur supports damaged collagen fibers.
Also life style is very important to having a healthy looking skin. Smoking, drinking alcohol, the lack of exercise, lack of sleep, and dehydration can age our skin. So No smoking, no drinking or drinking occasionally, exercising, sleeping well, and drinking plenty of water can also promote a healthy beautiful looking skin. In addition, cleansing, moisturizing, and using sunscreen are essential to maintain your skin health.
Natural Hair Treatments
For thinning hair:
* Mask 1: coconut oil + vitamin E + Castor oil
* Mask 2: Coconut Oil + Pure Honey.
You can get the Coconut oil, honey and vitamin E from any health food grocery store. Castor oil can be found in beauty supply stores. Leave in for an hour. You can cover the hair with a shower cap so the oil won't drip on your shirt. Then rinse thoroughly. Shampoo afterwards.
To eliminate dandruff:
* Mix 1/4 cup of Apple cider Vinegar and 1/4 cup of distilled water. Massage your scalp with this
solution. The vinegar will neuralize the scalp's Ph and eliminates build up of dandruff. Rinse thoroughly and shampoo.
* Mix a little of olive oil and almond oil. Massage the scalp and hair with it. Then leave for 5
minutes, rinse and shampoo. repeat 2-3 a week until dandruff is gone.
To eliminate split ends:
* Mix 1 avocado + 2 tablespoons of egg whites + 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mash the avocado and add the egg whites and olive oil to the mixture. Beat until it reaches a thick consistency. Apply to hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave in for 45 minutes, rinse and shampoo.
* Beer: Just apply the beer to your hair. This remedy does not require any other ingredients because the proteins and nutrients will bond to the hair and seal in the split ends. Pour the beer into a spray bottle. Spray your hair then rinse and shampoo.
To eliminate Frizz:
* Rinse hair with sparkling/carbonated water: shampoo and wash your hair, then rinse with carbonated water. The sparkling water eliminate frizz caused by humidity. It works due to its low PH.
* Apple Cider Vinegar and water: wash your hair and then rinse with equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.