Youthful Radiant Skin Naturally?
Age, nutrition, environment, daily habits, and lifestyle all contribute to the health of our skin. Naturally, the older we get, the more Collagen, Elastin and Hyaluronic Acid will will be lost from our skin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that is along with Elastin and Keratin form the connective tissue of the skin. The result of losing Collagen is the thinning of our skin; hence the wrinkles develop. Hyaluronic acid supports and lubricates the skin. Some people rely on fillers to keep a youthful looking skin. However, if you prefer natural resources to look young and beautiful, then eating these food will promote health, beauty, and youthfulness without depending on fillers/botox/ and plastic surgeries with side effects.
The following are natural resources to increase the production of collagen and Hyaluronic acid in our skin:
1. Omega 3 fatty acids: found in cold water fish such as Salmon, Cod and Tuna. Vegan choices can be 2 tbs of Flax seeds. Eating 4 ounces of fish twice a week will ensure getting the required omega 3 fatty acids in your system.
2. Vitamin C: found in many fruits and vegetables. Surprisingly the amount of Vitamin C found in red hot chilli peppers is superior to citrus fruits. It's also found in sweet peppers, Guavas, dark leafy greens, lychees, lemons, oranges and grapefruit.
3. Lycopene: found in tomatoes. Lycopene is an antioxidant that fights collagenases which are enzymes that destroy collagen. Cooked tomatoes (tomato sauce) actually contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes.
4. Vitamin A: found in leafy greens, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Vitamin A restores and regenerates damaged collagen in the skin.
5. Antioxidants: found in berries such as raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, and blue berry. Also found in green and white tea. Antioxidants fight off free radicals and help in restoring collagen.
6. Genistein: found in soybeans and its derivatives such as soy milk, and tofu. It helps in the production of collagen and blocks enzymes that cause aging.
7. Sulfur: found in Garlic. Sulfur supports damaged collagen fibers.
Also life style is very important to having a healthy looking skin. Smoking, drinking alcohol, the lack of exercise, lack of sleep, and dehydration can age our skin. So No smoking, no drinking or drinking occasionally, exercising, sleeping well, and drinking plenty of water can also promote a healthy beautiful looking skin. In addition, cleansing, moisturizing, and using sunscreen are essential to maintain your skin health.